28 May “How to Serve Up Alcohol-Free Coolers for Non-Drinkers — 30 Tips and Ideas!” Part 7
For any Weddings, holiday gatherings, conferences—a common occurrence at any such event is — Alcohol-based drinks and Cocktails! However, there are about one in four people who are either trying to reduce their drinking or maybe not belong to the alcohol-favoring population. Nearly half of the world’s adult population is supposedly not consuming any forms of alcohol at all!! It’s important to plan for the non-drinkers at your events and offer them more options than water, soda, and coffee. Whether you’re planning a wedding with no bar, need beverage options for guests who don’t drink alcohol, or want to create a fully inclusive conference environment—we’ve got you covered with tips and ideas for alcohol-free events.
How to Serve Up Alcohol-Free Coolers for Non-Drinkers
Keep non-drinkers in mind while planning your event
The first thing you must take up is deciding whether your event will be entirely alcohol-free, or maybe include a tiny bit of alcohol (i.e., for a toast or during cocktail hour), or if you’ll allow guests to BYOB. (that’s Bring Your Own Booze, by the way!)
Tips for alcohol-free galas, weddings, holiday events, and parties
Thankfully, there are plenty of options beyond serving sparkling grape juice in lieu of alcoholic beverages. Wow, guests with these ideas for sober social events:
- Encourage people to dance, even without alcohol.
Hire a ballroom dance instructor (or hip-hop, or jazz) and treat your guests to a group lesson. They will join in the spirit of learning—and go home with a new skill they can show off at their next wedding.
- Rethink your theme.
Create an environment that’s less likely to include alcohol and guests won’t miss not having a beer, wine, or cocktails.
- Host a garden tea party with finger foods, pretty desserts, and an incredible selection of tea varieties for a classy, sober event.
- Cater a barbeque, with the focus on the meal. Serve each guest a curated tasting tray—think ‘beer flight,’ but with a variety of fall-off-the-bone tender morsels of meat cooked in flavorful sauces and marinades.
- Recreate the musical ‘Grease’ with a 1950s-themed soda shop—serve burgers and fries, fountain sodas, and milkshakes.
- Say vows as the sun rises atop a mountain. Guests can sip gourmet coffee from camp mugs after climbing from their tents—they’re likely to prefer caffeine to cocktails at sunrise, anyway.
Stay Tuned for the next segment of our Pro Tips! Shagun Catering is here just for You!
Now, special occasions are hosted to make memories worth a lifetime! Ain’t that more true when you think of Shagun!